I hope that today somewhere, two little kids are waking up and realizing today is their birthday. I hope they are excited for a birthday party that has been planned. I hope they get to have fun and be made to feel special. I hope that they get to have cake and ice cream and blow out candles after everyone sings to them. I hope they get to play games and open presents, and I hope they are spoiled with all the gifts they receive. I hope they go to bed tonight feeling what a great day their birthday was and how fun it is be a kid. I hope they are excited about growing older and learning new things and living life.
I hope they feel safe wherever they are and that their needs are taken care of on a daily basis and they know they are loved.
That is my hope for today.
Happy Birthday to the children who were almost mine. Even though I never got to meet you, you will always have a place in my heart and in our family.
1 comment:
Awwwww! I loved this post. How vivid that time was for us watching you hurt. I am so glad you have received the blessing of parenthood because no kids could ask for better parents. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment