kids

kids

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Naps, potty training, smiles and growing up

We don't usually let AJ nap during the day anymore, because when we do he doesn't go to bed very easily at night. But sometimes he just crashes anyway, no matter how hard we try.  Here he is crashed on the floor.  There is just no waking him when he finally reaches this point.

'

We have also started to potty train him.  Not really by our choice (or should I say my choice).  I thought it would be too hard to do it with a new baby, but he started to want to go potty.  He is quite a bit younger than JR was when he was potty trained.  So far it is going okay. He pees in the potty no problem, but he doesn't tell me when he needs to go, and having to deal with poop in the underwear is not fun, so we have started using pull ups all the time.  Sometimes he refuses to go and no incentive I offer him, makes him want to go, so I wonder if he is really ready, but we know he can control it, so it seems silly to back track now and go back to diapers, so hopefully it won't be too much longer before he will let us know when he needs to go.  And will actually try pooping in the potty (sorry for the TMI). But I can't believe how big he is getting.  Ever since Anabel was born he seems like such a big kid to me, but he still loves to be the baby at times, and I actually really love that.  He has let me cuddle and hold him so much more since Anabel has come. But still he is growing so fast, and seems so big compared to his little sister.


Anabel is all smiles now.  She doesn't do it too much for the camera, but she has started to smile at everything.  She has even started laughing at times.  It is so precious.  She is definitely more aware of her surrounding and loves to take it all in, with her big wide eyes,


JR is acting so mature most the time.  It always surprises me when he has a melt down, because I forget how young he really is.  I love all his questions and am amazed at how he works things out in his mind. I  can't believe he will be in Kindergarten next year, but know he is ready (me, not so much). I ask him if he wants to go to preschool, and he tells me no, that he will wait until kindergarten.  I think he loves being at home with us, but is excited/nervous about starting school. He will do great, I know.

1 comment:

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

Oh I love all these tidbits on your kiddos! They have grown so quickly, it makes me so sad! I bet you are in heaven finally living with a whole house full of kid fun! :) Too bad the puking and pooping and peeing and spitting and whining...come with the fun! With Brant I finally told him he could have a pack of fruit snacks every time he pooped in the potty. Some days he had several but it worked. Eventually we got him down to where he can only have one a day. Seriously, potty training is one of my least favorite mom tasks! Gooooood luck! We miss you guys!